Compiled by George Douglas
Welcome to the Willie P. Bennett Legacy Project's Video Collection. Our, and Willie's, dear friend George Douglas has been scouring the world-wide web for live video performances of WPB songs. He has posted 35 of these great clips on Facebook and we are proud to provide him with a page on this site to continue his tremendous archival quest. Please enjoy these links and pass them on to friends. Check back frequently as new content will be regularly added.
The best Willie P. Bennett show that I ever attended. I am so thankful that I captured it on video. I was sitting in the front on one of several wooden benches at the store Fred Eaglesmith had just opened in Port Dover. I think this is the first thing I shot with that camera and was sitting too close to get a head to toe shot of Willie when he was standing so I was glad when he sat down! After a little bit of fumbling I set the camera down on a shelf next to me and watched the maestro at work.
I love you and miss you Willie.
1) Come On Train (joined in Progress)
2) Step Away (starts at 2:55)
3) High or Hurtin' (starts at 6:50)
4) Happy on the Moon (starts at 12:12)
5) Last Word In (starts at 18:54)
1) Sunset Pendulum
2) C'mon Baby & Shut Out the Light (starts 3:57)
3) Blackie & The Rodeo King (starts 10:16
Part 3 of 3 (below)
2) Billy & Jenny (starts at 6:00)
3) Red Dress (starts at 9:05)
4) One Vessel [sung into banjo} (starts at 14:30)
5) Porch Light (starts at 17:10)
Linda McRae singing Willie's song "When Love is a Game" from her excellent new CD Shadow Trails.
This Sunday, February 15, 2015 will mark the 7th anniversary of Willie's passing. I have named that day Blue Valentine's Day and I know a bunch of other folks who call it that too. Here's the song and video of that song. (The link that appears at the beginning of the video promising a higher def version doesn't work...but go ahead and click it...I always do.)