Favorite WPB song (click here) ยป Favorite Willie Song

• Ian Gray

Ian Gray Toronto & Nashville

I first heard "Last Word" on the radio while driving in Toronto traffic. I had to have the album. Since then I married Claire Lynch, a Bluegrass artist from Nashville. Claire's latest album, "North by South" a collection of Canadian songs treated by Nashville's finest Bluegrass musicians, contains "Andrew's Waltz" another favorite. Claire is just now rehearsing for the festival in Salmon Arm (summer 2017) and will be doing a workshop with Stephen Fearing. Her homework (and mine) is to master "Rains on Me", "White Line" and "Golden Sorrows" for the workshop. I love all these songs and am coming to a greater love an understanding of the legacy Willie left us. But I'm still wondering who'll get the last word in .

I first heard "Last Word" on the radio while driving in Toronto traffic. I had to have the album. Since then I married Claire Lynch, a Bluegrass artist from Nashville. Claire's latest album, "North by South" a collection of Canadian songs treated by Nashville's finest Bluegrass musicians, contains "Andrew's Waltz" another favorite. Claire is just now rehearsing for the festival in Salmon Arm (summer 2017) and will be doing a workshop with Stephen Fearing. Her homework (and mine) is to master "Rains on Me", "White Line" and "Golden Sorrows" for the workshop. I love all these songs and am coming to a greater love an understanding of the legacy Willie left us. But I'm still wondering who'll get the last word in .

• Cheri Scully

Cheri Scully Toronto

"Music in your Eyes" left an impression on this 17 year old during visits to Ken Whiteley's music nights in the portable within the Don Mills Peanut Plaza. Willie was young, wild and free and expressed his tender soul on stage. Tryin' to Start Out Clean was music as original as it comes. Thanks to all for the work on maintaining his legacy.

"Music in your Eyes" left an impression on this 17 year old during visits to Ken Whiteley's music nights in the portable within the Don Mills Peanut Plaza. Willie was young, wild and free and expressed his tender soul on stage. Tryin' to Start Out Clean was music as original as it comes. Thanks to all for the work on maintaining his legacy.

Add your message - It will be added as the newest post