Tell us your Willie P Bennett stories. (click here) ยป a poem built on a quote of Willie's

• dennis O'Toole

dennis O'Toole Peterborough Ontario Canada

"with extreme pain; comes clarity; and nakepain to exercise charity that is not it's intent; nor is it it's duty... it is a stark, naked, uncertain sense of beauty; sharp as a well whetted knife a double edged dagger that will leave you to stagger through the ruins and remains of the rest of your lonely life... (wise words from one friend to another; hung like smoke rings on the sky) unlike advice from a former lover; everything for sale, no intent to buy me, I've had my share of extreme pain (and I suspect I'm in for more) like the scarecrow standing out there in the rain; wondering what is he there for also have I been blessed by beauty; both in love and in nature a vessel of both half full and half empty teasing you with torture and nurture and with the clarity of extreme pain; still I search for this (un)certain beauty wishing I could but live again some of the times that you were here with me. (the quote has been hanging like an icicle in my mind for years...spoken to a mutual friend in a time of crisis...a poem written while listening to the "Legacy Recordings" over the last hour or so...love to all, especially those that keep certain memories alive and singing...great music, folks! d.)

"with extreme pain; comes clarity; and nakepain to exercise charity
    that is not it's intent; nor is it it's duty...

it is a stark, naked, uncertain sense of beauty; sharp as a well whetted knife
    a double edged dagger that will leave you to stagger through the ruins
    and remains of the rest of your lonely life...
    (wise words from one friend to another; hung like smoke rings on the sky)
    unlike advice from a former lover; everything for sale, no intent to buy

me, I've had my share of extreme pain (and I suspect I'm in for more)
    like the scarecrow standing out there in the rain; wondering what is he there for
    also have I been blessed by beauty; both in love and in nature
    a vessel of both half full and half empty teasing you with torture and nurture

and with the clarity of extreme pain; still I search for this (un)certain beauty
    wishing I could but live again some of the times that you were here with me.

(the quote has been hanging like an icicle in my mind for years...spoken to a mutual friend in a time of crisis...a poem written while listening to the "Legacy Recordings" over the last hour or so...love to all, especially those that keep certain memories alive and singing...great music, folks! d.)

Add your message - It will be added as the newest post