Tell us your Willie P Bennett stories. (click here) ยป Songwriter hero

• Bill Pritchard

Bill Pritchard Nelson, BC

I met Willie in 1978 at the Saucy Noodle in Ottawa. I was blown away by his writing and his prescence. I next saw him in Smithers BC around 1982/3. I had been playing and performing his tunes and would get up early in the morn to drink coffee and play along to his records. He came to Nelson BC to the SUB Pub one winter and almost nobody showed. I later brought him to Nelson to play 2 sold out shows. When he asked me why I went through all the trouble to set these gigs up out of my own pocket, I just said " 'Cause you're my hero Willie". He said, "I can tell by the way you turned red you mean it and I'm honoured". My brother Dave, in Ottawa, has never forgiven me for not recording when Willie and I sat in my living room swapping songs. It took a couple of years after he died for me to be able to play his songs again. Still miss him.

I met Willie in 1978 at the Saucy Noodle in Ottawa. I was blown away by his writing and his prescence. I next saw him in Smithers BC around 1982/3. I had been playing and performing his tunes and would get up early in the morn to drink coffee and play along to his records. He came to Nelson BC to the SUB Pub one winter and almost nobody showed. I later brought him to Nelson to play 2 sold out shows. When he asked me why I went through all the trouble to set these gigs up out of my own pocket, I just said " 'Cause you're my hero Willie". He said, "I can tell by the way you turned red you mean it and I'm honoured". My brother Dave, in Ottawa, has never forgiven me for not recording when Willie and I sat in my living room swapping songs. It took a couple of years after he died for me to be able to play his songs again. Still miss him.

• Addison

Addison USA

I am glad to rfsdead the information you shared [url=http://www.collegein.com/]Hall of Fame[/url]

I am glad to rfsdead the information you shared Hall of Fame

Add your message - It will be added as the newest post